Sunday 17 May 2009

some WIPs

I thought I'd post what I'm working on right now, at least in the yarn department.

Swallowtail shawl WIPMy two main WIPs right now are an orange version of the Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark. That lady surely knows her lace.

Never ever in life have I used a shawl before, but I think they're lovely, so I thought I'd give them a go. Found on Ravelry a fast shawl, used some worsted weight cotton instead of lace weight, and went with it. Well... I just loved it. It's now one of my favourite items of clothing I own. Just hoping the weather around Kent gets nicer so I can start using it.

Orange yarn Exactly the same day I finished that one, I started another one, with the most beautiful orange yarn I've ever see. It's and acrylic sport weight in a bright orange. It screams summer.

I'm getting close to finishing the first part of the lace, and starting the nupps section. I might use white pearls instead of doing the nupps, just to break a bit all the orange.

And I'm also working on a scarflette for my Etsy store. But I'm loving it so much that I might just keep it. I'll probably have enough yarn to make myself a second one.
Bright pink scarflette

The only thing I've managed to finish is a bunch on scrunchie, again for my Etsy store. I love making these, they are so much fun. And the great thing is you can go really crazy when mixing yarns and colours.
Scrunchies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment