Saturday 16 May 2009

About me

Who I am

My name is Cristina, and I now live in Rochester, Kent (UK), but I was born in Argentina and I lived in Spain for about 8 years.

I'm 23 years old, and I am trained as a school teacher, specialized in foreign language acquisition. Which probably tells you that I love languages, and always try to learn them.

Apart from that, I'm just a normal person who liked travelling a lot, and who moves a lot, because I usually get bored with things easily. I read a lot as well, particularly classics and teen fiction (yeah, I do know I'm not a teen anymore, but they are fun).


What I do


(inspired in the list at Arts and crafts in Wikipedia)
  • ATC: one more thing I've tried. Didn't really get into it as I was quite busy at the time. I might go back to it.
  • Calligraphy: tried it, not an expert.
  • Card making: still new, but I find it lots of fun.
  • Crochet: my STAR craft, learnt when I was 9 and never stopped. I absolutely love it!
  • Cross-stitch: learnt when I was about 11, stopped for years, and took it up again a few months ago.
  • Embroidery: I do it every now and then.
  • Jewelry making: I've tried it, I can sort of get by, but I'd much rather buy it from someone else!
  • Knitting: only learnt about 3 years ago, but it feels as if I've been doing it forever.
  • Macrame: I can do it, but find it a bit tiresome.
  • Origami: did it as a child (only basic things), now I'm trying to really learn it.
  • Parchment: I learnt when I was about 10 or 11. I stopped for a while because it was impossible to get supplies where I lived, now I started again.
  • Sewing: love it, still learning. I did take a pattern drafting and sewing course when I was about 14, but could never finish it (I moved to another country).
  • Spirelli (is this craft, seriously?): my favourite childhood past time, I inherited a set from my mum.

Where I am


Feel free to get in touch with me in any of these venues.

No comments: